March 17, 2020
This afternoon our Board of Directors convened a meeting to discuss Terminal City Club’s plan for operations in the current public health environment.
Our primary focus is the health and safety of our staff, members, and community. After much discussion, and with acknowledgment that circumstances are continuously evolving, at this time the club will remain open.
In the meantime, the following changes to operation will be in place immediately and until further notice:
- Saunas and steam rooms will be closed
- Catering events with more than 100 expected participants will be postponed or cancelled
- The following Member Events will be cancelled and rescheduled if possible. Member Services will contact registered members
o Member Wine Tasting (March 18) will be rescheduled
o 1892 Vegan Tasting Menu (Wed Mar 18) is cancelled
o WSET Level 1 (March 22 & 29) will be rescheduled
o Gourmet Dinner – Japanese Flair (Fri Mar 27) will be rescheduled
- Reciprocal Club agreements are temporarily suspended. TCC will not accept visitors from reciprocal clubs, and will not issue Letters of Introduction for our members to visit reciprocal clubs.
- Access to the TCC gym and pool will be suspended for Auberge Hotel guests.
- In addition, the club will continue to observe practices that have been in place since earlier in March, including:Increased staffing for Steward and Housekeeping teams
- Every item on tables, and menus, will be disinfected between each guest
- Cutlery roll-ups will be used instead of open table settings
- Serving staff will wear gloves, and buffet chaffer dishes will be opened by gloved staff
- Frequent sanitizing of high-touch surfaces including chair arms and backs, door handles, coffee stations, and a.v. equipment
For all of our members and their guests, we ask that you please exercise a high degree of personal responsibility, including:
- Stay home if you feel sick or are experiencing any symptoms such as fever, cough, tiredness, or shortness of breath; OR if you have returned from travel outside of Canada since March 1.
- Members are responsible for their guests – please ensure that your guests are also aware of and following these requirements.
- Use the available wipes to wipe down all fitness machines, equipment, weights, and/or accessories both before and after you use them in the TCC Health Club.
- Practice consistent hand and respiratory hygiene, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing, particularly with respect to use of gym equipment, seating in TCC restaurants, and greeting of other members or TCC staff.
The TCC Board of Directors and executive have scheduled a series of frequent status meetings over the short term, to ensure that we are always ready to enact measures as recommended by public health authorities. Please refer to our website for any changes to the club’s operation.
Your patience and assistance is greatly appreciated as we do our best to navigate this challenging situation.
Joe Corea Peter Jackman
President General Manager