NATIONAL LIBERAL CLUB
Dress Code, agreed at the Annual General Meeting held on 15th May, 2019
With immediate effect, the current dress code is replaced with the following:
1. Members and guests are required to wear smart business or smart casual clothing in the Clubhouse at all times.
As in the past, a polo or roll neck sweater is also acceptable in place of a collared shirt for men, as is traditional, religious or national dress or uniform.
2. Male members and guests will be required to wear a jacket and tie, or an authorised alternative, every evening in the Dining Room after 6.30 pm, throughout the year.
3. Male members and guests will be required to wear a jacket and collared shirt (tie optional), or an authorised alternative, at all other times in the Clubhouse from September to May inclusive:
4. During the summer months of June, July and August, male members and guests will be required to wear a collared long or short-sleeved shirt, or an authorised alternative, on The Terrace or in The Clubhouse (jacket and tie optional except in the Dining Room after 6.30 pm).
5. A transgender/non-binary person (member or guest) is free to select the dress code that matches and is appropriate to the gender in which they present.
6. Members and guests are required to comply with the specified dress requirement when attending Club events.
7. Members and guests are not permitted to wear any of the following: shorts, tracksuits, sportswear including polo shirts, trainers, ripped or torn clothing, clothing bearing any slogan or prominent words.
8. The requirements of the dress code shall not apply when there is a bona fide medical reason for non-compliance.
National Liberal Club, Whitehall Place, London SW1A 2HE
Tel: 020 7930 9871